There are a million ways to get involved at Mizzou ranging from joining an organization to working on campus.
Be an online bestie–check out our Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr & YouTube.
Sign up for the WC Listserv and stay in the know! Click here to join.
Hang out in the WC to meet new folks and learn more about social justice.
Check out books from our library or watch one of our films in the lounge.
Come chill with us on Wednesdays from 4-6 for Stitch ‘N Bitch.
Attend one of the many WC-sponsored events. Click here to check out the calendar.
Sign up for a Language Partner. Click here to sign up!
Request a WC Program for your organization or group.
Audition for Vagina Monologues and make change here in CoMO.
Join the Love Your Body Listserv or Women’s History Month Committee.
Apply to be a staff member–click here to learn more.
There are over 700 registered clubs and organizations and counting… so there is really something for everyone!
Getting involved in student government, councils and boards is a great way to have your voice heard. Learn more about MSA, the Legion of Black Collegians, SUPB, ASUM & AASB and represent the student body.
Volunteering is not only fun, but it also helps develop skills and provide you with real-world experience. Many organizations and centers on campus have volunteer opportunities available.
But where do you begin? To lower down the options, first think about what types of organizations or topics you’re interested in or what skills and areas align with your future goals.
For example, if you’re going into youth education, you could help provide daycare for student parents at CubHub. Want to be a health care provider– what about applying to volunteer at MedZou community health clinic? Enjoy working with diverse populations or would like to gain more experience meeting folks from another culture– consider working at the Multicultural Center or applying to be a Diversity Peer Educator. There are also so many ORGs that do service in Columbia or travel to other states and countries!
- Check out the ORG website and select ‘service’ to view 60+ ORGs including Caring for Columbia, STRIPES, Alternative Spring Break, Dance Marathon, Sustain Mizzou, and so much more.
- Visit Leadership.missouri.edu & select the ‘Community Involvement’ tab
- Visit your favorite campus offices and centers and ask if they are hiring volunteers.
Involvement at Mizzou looks many ways, including working on campus. You can learn a lot, meet new people and still bring home a paycheck. Working on campus often gives you more flexibility than working in the community and you still feel connected to Mizzou.
There’s a few ways to find a job on campus:
- Check your MYZOU to see if you have workstudy as part of your financial aid package. Many areas on campus are able to hire workstudy students. Once you have been awarded these funds you can visit the Workstudy website to find positions. To learn more about if you qualify for workstudy, click here or visit the Financial Aid office.
- Check the Career Center, the Library, Campus Dining, MizzouRec the Mizzou Store and other departments on campus that may be hiring students with or without workstudy.
- Check HireMizzouTigers.missouri.edu for on-campus positions.
- Remember the friendly faces in your res hall? Residential Life hires students to be front desk attendants and CA, LA, NCO, and PA. The application processes are available December-January the academic year prior to your start date. Click here to learn more.
- Ask your favorite offices and departments if they are hiring or will be in the future. Personal connections can make all the difference!
- Look around! Often offices will hang flyers on bulletin boards in the building they work. Perhaps labs in your major are looking for Research Assistants or offering other part-time work.