The WC’s heart is its student staff.
Our staff put on programs, keep the Center looking spiffy, help visitors who come through our doors and keep us up to date on the issues that are affecting students at Mizzou. Through trainings and practice, staff have the opportunity to continue to develop their customer service skills, communication skills & knowledge about diversity. Many of our staff start when they are in their first year of school and stay until they graduate, but we also add new staff every semester. As we say in the Women’s Center, once you are on staff you are DubC Staff For Lyfe.
Interested in becoming a staffer? Do you fulfill the following qualifications?
- You can volunteer your time or have workstudy allocations (Summer staff are volunteer only)
- You can dedicate at least 8 hours a week to the WC
- You care about social justice
- You would like to tell others about the WC
- You are ready and open to learn more
- You are comfortable and eager to educate others
- You have excellent customer service skills
- You can attend staff meetings every Monday from 4-5:30pm (Summer staff are exempt)
- You can attend a staff retreat (date TBA)